Sunday, January 13, 2013

Would you care for some side effects with that treatment?

Well, it seems that I was fooled by the effects of steroids (which are used along with chemo to help with a whole range of side effects). I still felt pretty good after getting my Neulasta shot on Tuesday. They did however warn me of the potential for pain in my bones, etc. Wednesday came and went without any problems. And then bam! I woke up Thursday feeling like I had been hit by a truck while I was sleeping. Thank goodness I had the forethought to take the day off, so I spent most of the day in bed, even had a couple baths (not a big fan of those), and generally felt miserable. Every bone and muscle was so, so sore. This is all uncharted territory, so I had no idea what I was in for. Luckily, I came out the other side on Friday. The day started out shaky, but I felt more and more human as the day went on.

I saw my doctor Friday afternoon and she was very happy with how my body handled the chemo, so that's good news. She prescribed a couple things for my next shot to help alleviate these crazy side effects, lets hope they work...didn't enjoy them at all.

Phase two of the treatment plan is a Herceptin infusion on Monday. I've been told there should be no side effects from that. We shall see! Everyday is a new day...

5 comments:

  1. You r my hero. So courageous. Hang in there Melissa...u r so young and super strong; fingers crossed the hercepton is a breeze...:) thinkin of u tons, maryann in ca...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet,day two so far so good...xxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pumpkin-

    It's amazing how I feel like you are the strong one, comforting all of us through your journey! Feeling so far away, the updates are helpful. Sending you hugs & love from Maine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you everyday.....hang in there~leda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! The girl in the picture can't be the same one that needed drugs just to go to the dentist!! Very proud of you! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete