Thursday, January 31, 2013

Round 2

We had a great weekend in preparation for the long day Monday in the chemo corral. Dee was here to go with me, so she got to meet all the nurses and my doctor. It was a crazy busy day in there... not sure why. We did play lots of cribbage--three games to be exact, two of which I won (Deanna doesn't like to lose!). They have added a few new drugs to help with some of the side effects. Hopefully they'll work. Hair loss had started to become a problem and trying to keep it on my head until Natalie came home from FL was a challenge. I managed to hold out because she really wanted to be the one to shave my head. So that afternoon, she had at me! Now I know how guys feel getting their heads shaved! Very weird sensation. Maybe they just get used to it. I have to say it was a relief to finally take it all off. It was really making a mess everywhere. Apparently, I have a nice bald head or so I've been told :) I have been getting lots a cards everyday, which I look forward to, so thank you all!

And a quick update: so far the side effects have been less severe this round. I think the other meds that they are having me take along with the chemo have really helped, so that's a relief!





Sisters at chemo. We have fun wherever we go.

Chemo mise en place

The collection

With braids!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet Sister, I of course love the update even though I was involved and there for round two.I had a great weekend and its true we have fun and enjoy being together even if its just doing anything and especially at the chemo corral!!! I was happy to get to see where you will be spending so much time getting the drugs that are gonna get you well.I love all the pictures and can't wait to see you next weekend. All my love, Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. When Lucy (Connie's granddaughter) was 5, she coined a word - 'tremazing' - a combination of tremendous & amazing. That is you, my friend, truly tremazing; for your grace, humor and guts! Not to mention all the other attributes that your devoted fans admire & love.
      xoxo
      Justine

      Delete
  2. Love you! Just wanted to tell you that u r a gorgeous bald eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one beautiful bald woman. I play poker with a guy that loves bald women. Boy would he love you. Keep on keepin on. Kudos to Dee too. Love ya both!!

    ReplyDelete