This is auntie here (writing for Melissa) with a little update.
Just about 24 hours post surgery, which went as scheduled bright and early Tuesday morning. I'm told it was five hours and went very well. Not that I remember any of it.
First few hours of recovery were rough! But with a steady stream of meds, I got through it. They had me up and on my feet to use the bathroom, which was no fun at all. But the nurses kept saying I'd be surprised at how quickly I'd start to feel better and more like getting out of bed, and they were right. I've been up quite a few times today, even went for a long-ish walk down all the way down hall to the sunroom to hang out with my neighbor John Merski, who was admitted last night for an allergic reaction and is right around the corner. Half of Straw Ave is here! Too funny.
The family has been here with me. Didn't feel like visitors at all yesterday. But people have been checking in which has been great. I'm not sure how long I'm going to be in here. Hopefully another day or so to take full advantage of the wonderful facilities here at Cooley Dee!
 |
| Neighbors at home and in the hospital |
 |
| Cutie pies |
HI Melissa, you are on my mind all the time these days. You look great for just having had surgery. Family and friends make all the difference in the world. I am on Team Melissa all the way out here in California and wish i could bring you ice cream...but, it will melt by the time i get there. :) Best wishes and soulful thoughts of a quick and safe recovery. Next time i come to MA I'll bring some fabulous California wine to celebrate your amazing win over this crazy little shit called cancer. :) Love ya, Maryann
ReplyDelete