Welcome to My Journey, aka My Cancer blog. It's where I'll be sharing information with you, my family and friends, and where you can go to check in on me, and share your thoughts if you'd like. I'll update it regularly throughout my treatment and use it to record important milestones along my way back to health and wellness. And so my journey begins...
Friday, March 22, 2013
Spoke too soon!!
Well almost 1 week post chemo,having sailed through the rest just fine,never expected to wake up sunday morning covered in hives!! Tried to manage during the day with benedryl oatmeal baths had to give up the fight at 2:00 a.m. off we went to the E.R. Now I've been on prednisone and atarax for almost a week with a small sign of relief. It appears to be a reaction to the Taxotere (in the TCH mix) so we have a week and a fews days to determine what the next course of action will be.Never having had hives I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM....
Just another hurdle in this crazy journey :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Melissa,I am so hoping that these hives go away itching is no fun I have been there and its awful.I am so proud of how you are handling each hurdle as they happen,I am one year post-op and never thought I would be doing as well as I am!!I know that you and I are survivors and have the strength and courage to conquer anything.You amaze me everyday with your crazy amount of energy and laughter that we are blessed to enjoy life as it comes...good and sometimes not so good but its how you enjoy the ride and who you share it with that matters, and I sure am glad to share the ride with you my lovely sister!
ReplyDeleteYou are the best cheerleader you must have learned from the best!! <3
DeleteBesos chica! It's amazing how you hang in there with so much grace and so many smiles. Love you!!! XOXO -Trish
ReplyDelete