So it began, first with a lump under my right arm that led to a mammogram, which led to an ultrasound, which led to a consult with a surgeon, which led to surgery to remove a lymph node, which led to my diagnosis of cancer, which led to more tests and finally a PET scan, which thankfully revealed that the cancer is only in my breast and not anywhere else besides the cancerous node that was removed.
And so begins my treatment plan, which means the beginning of managing tons of information, both medically related and bureaucratically related (ugh) as I try to get the insurance pre-authorizations necessary to get the ball rolling on treatment. My first step is meeting with my oncologist here in Northampton on Thursday, and then on Friday, going to Boston to Mass General Hospital to get a second opinion.
There'll be more news at the end of the week after these initial meetings. So please check back then, and feel free to post here in the meantime. It's been a rough few weeks, but thanks to all the love and support from
my family and friends I have been able to stay focused and positive and keep moving forward. Thank you everyone!
We are all behind you!!!! You are so strong and amazing. Love you, Jill
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I know how strong and focused you are and this is great for me to keep informed. Now that all the unknown is behind you I think your approach is positive and rational. I can only love you from afar and I'll look forward to the postings on this blog. I'm sure going forward this will be a huge help for everyone and will let you concentrate on what you need to do towards your recovery. Love Bobi
ReplyDeleteYou are going strong and we are right here for you. Lots of hugs and kisses. Fran and John
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending this Melissa your going to get through this. If there is anything I can do for you or your family just let me no I love you. Samantha
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. You are certainly not alone, we will travel through this with you, take care of you and support you! <3 wendy
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this blog Melissa. Jill is right, we all have your back. You have an army behind you and you will get through this !!!!
ReplyDeleteMelis, Ever since this started I have been thinking of you and praying for you everday. I know this is going to be an emotional and trying journey for you. But I know in my whole heart you will conquer this. So Lets beat the shit out of this cancer. When you need a good laugh think. of the toilet paper. LOVE YOU Meemee.
ReplyDeleteAnd this is from Jayme
DeleteMelissa,
ReplyDeleteIam so happy to hear that it is localized. That is great. I am keeping you in my prayers. I am available to drive you to any dr. appts. you need (even Boston). You know I am good for a ride.."Tuesdays after exercise class"!!!
Pamela Maurer
Remember the Cancer Connection -- and all of us who are ready, willing, and able to help. All love, Robin
ReplyDeletehugs.
ReplyDeleteYou are strong and you are loved. xoxo Stephanie
ReplyDeleteTeam Melissa, whoop whoop. Kick some ass!!!
ReplyDeleteSending you healing vibes from Maine girlfriend! xo
ReplyDeleteNow that I know my chili passed the Melissa test, what else is on your wish list of meals to drop off?
I can only ditto all that came before: your strength of character and beauty of spirit; all the positive energy that will flow from all of us who love you; that you should not hesitate to call - at anytime for whatever you need....help with kids, meals, rides, kvetching....; and yes, the Cancer Connection is a wonderful resource.
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking us with you
xoxo
Justine
Oh damn, I am so sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you need any help- driving, picking up, oils for health and well being! I am praying for you. The whole thing I know is so overwhelming on all fronts. Blessings to you. I am here for you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sharon
Melissa, My first thought when I saw this blog is that you are still giving, because this blog is a gift to us, your friends and family. I'm thinking about you everyday and am ready to start cooking - so keep some room in the freezer and let me know if you have any special requests. Lots of love, Pam
ReplyDeleteMelissa I am sending prayers and positive energy from RI to NoHo. You are an amazing woman, mom, friend, and Twisted sister. The blog is such a nice idea. So many people love you. Try to stayhuman. Love you. Randi
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing. This brings back so many memories for me and not least of them was how helpful and willing so many were.
I am available for rides to treatment, Boston etc. Please keep this in mind. It is my turn to give back. Cancer Sucks. Hang in there. You will soon be in a routine. Celia
LEDs, first developed in the early 1960s, produce light by moving electrons through a semiconductor.
ReplyDeleteThey need only ten to thirty percent as much power as C7s or
C9s. Where By By turf carp communities are perhaps taken all the way through selling such as
a biocontrol needed for noxious pernicious weeds, they should be taken back
within the water in and additionally unscathed.
Here is my blog: LED Wandleuchten